‘It’s the most wonderful time of the year’, as Burl Ives will tell you on the radio. With all of your friends and family around, it certainly will be. But while we’re all ready for the holidays as the 25creeps closer, keep yourself worry-free and be cautious whether you’re out shopping or enjoying time with family.
Delco Alarm Systems wants to wish you a safe and happy Holiday Season with these helpful tips to help you stay safe and happy:
- Deliveries: The busiest time of the year certainly means more packages and mail. It’s a known fact that thieves have been known to follow delivery trucks. Don’t give them an easy opportunity! Schedule your deliveries and track your packages to ensure they reach your doorstep and stay there.
- Displaying gifts: Your lovely tree will make the neighbors jealous, and potential onlookers too. Many people like to leave presents, wrapped and unwrapped laying in plain sight. This is particularly easy to do with all of the time you spend shopping and visiting. Keep your home safe by keeping valuables out of sight or closely monitored and break down boxes that contained valuable gifts that may draw attention to your house.
- The Front door: With many people coming and going, hectic schedules and the hustle-bustle of the Holiday Season, it can be easy to forget to lock your front door. This may be the most simple suggestion, but it won’t hurt to double check your front door lock (and others) before leaving.
- Credit Cards: Don’t leave your credit cards or wallet lying around in plain sight. During the busiest shopping season of the year, sales clerks will be less likely to check for ID making your credit card as good as cash.
- Your Car: There’s no doubt you will be travelling in December whether it be to shop or visit a friend of family member. But when shopping from store to store, there’s no way to hide what you bought. Buy your most valuable items last so they are not left for long in your car. Move all of your hard-earned purchases from your car immediately when you get home. Put gifts in your trunk so they are not able to be seen. Make sure you lock your car before heading into your house or a store
- Garage Storage: Did you know your garage lock is typically the weakest lock in your house? Avoid storing gifts in your garage. Using storage in an attic or second-story closet will keep your valuable purchases safer.
Enjoy the Holidays and stay safe!
– Delco Alarm Systems