“How do I stop that beeping” and other frequently asked questions”
If you’ve been considering having a home alarm system installed, you probably have several questions you need answered before making your decision. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we field here at Delco Alarm Systems.
- How long has Delco Alarm Systems been in business?
- Delco Alarm Systems has been family-owned and operated for more than 45 years.
- Is Delco Alarm Systems fully licensed and insured?
- Yes, Delco Alarm Systems is fully licensed and insured.
- Do you require a contract? And is the system professionally monitored?
- A contract is required by our insurance company as well as our central monitoring station. All of our monitored systems are handled by COPS Monitoring, which is one of the most highly trained and awarded monitoring agencies in the country.
- How much do your alarm systems cost? Is there a monthly charge?
- There is a range in the cost of alarm systems we install, from low cost self-monitoring systems to state-of-the-art systems. For more information, contact one of our sales professionals who will design a system based on your needs. All monitored systems will have a monthly fee, depending on the type of system.
- Does your equipment have a warranty?
- Yes, all of our equipment comes with a one year equipment and labor warranty. We also offer a variety of maintenance plans to cover your system after the warranty period expires.
- Are your employees qualified and do you do background checks?
- All of employees have extensive training in the products we install and receive continuing training on the latest equipment. All of our employees undergo complete background checks as well as a child abuse background checks.
- What happens if the power goes out?
- All of our systems contain a backup battery which should last during a normal power outage. Batteries will lose their power during extended power outages, but will recharge once power is restored.
- Will I get a discount on my homeowner’s insurance policy?
- Many insurance companies give homeowners a discount for maintaining a professionally monitored home alarm system. You generally won’t get the discount for doorbell cameras or other self-monitored systems. Delco Alarm Systems can provide you with documentation to provide to your insurance company.
- How do I stop my alarm system from beeping?
- It depends on the type of system you have, but generally is not difficult. Please check out our frequently asked questions page to review our alarm manuals.
For additional questions regarding your system, please see our frequently asked questions page on our web site.
The professionals at Delco Alarm Systems are happy to answer any additional questions you may have.