Happy holidays from the folks at Delco Alarm Systems
Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or simply the Winter Solstice, we hope you enjoy spending the holidays with friends and loved ones.
If you are traveling during the holidays, we offer you a few suggestions to make sure your return home is free of unwanted surprises. Remember, thieves are always on the lookout for homes that appear empty this time of year. Consider taking a few simple steps to lower your chance of your home from becoming a target.
- Lock all windows and doors, including those in the garage.
- Have the post office hold your mail until your return and stop newspaper delivery.
- Arrange to have someone shovel your sidewalks in the event of a snowstorm or cut your grass if you live in a warm climate.
- Ask a neighbor to keep an eye on your home. You can also alert local police that you will be away. Oftentimes they’ll send a patrol car around more frequently.
- Stash your jewelry and other valuables in a safe. Never leave anything of value in plain view.
Avoid the urge to post pictures of your trip on social media until you return home. Announcing you are away is basically an open invitation to burglars.
Unplug appliances, TVs, computers, etc. If the power goes out, a power surge could cause costly damage.
Arm your security system. A Smart Home App is a great way to make your home looked lived in while you’re away. Delco Alarm Systems can help answer any questions you may have about security, fire protection and Smart Home systems.
As we usher in a new year, the staff at Delco Alarm Systems is excited to be able to offer customers new and exciting products and options to enhance the protection and security of your homes and business. Be sure to visit the new Delco Alarm Systems website coming January of 2018.
Have a happy and safe holiday season.